Do you enjoying playing that occasional game of rummy with your friends? Do you enjoy the thrill of winning? And most importantly, do you have a great time playing? Then you’ve come to the right place. RummyCentral.com offers a number of game formats for rummy and the most popular among those is our desi version. Thirteen cards, one joker and literally, a whole lot of fun and games.
There are number of key factors that come into play while engaging in a professional game of rummy versus a friendly game of rummy. So, without further ado, let’s look at some rummy tips and tricks on how to make the odds work in your favour and win big:
- Practice makes perfect: Just like anything in life, you can get better at a game of rummy by persistently keeping at it. The more you play, the better you get. You can start by sitting at one of our free tables and work your way up from there. So our professional is to just start ‘Freerolling’!
- Choose the right table: On RummyCentral, you can choose from a number of tables of different kinds such as Strikes, Deals and Pools. Keep in mind the kind of game you wish to play and pick your table accordingly. These tables are both free and with stakes. Learn more about how each table is different by visiting rummycentral.com.
- Keep an eye on your opponents: Keep an eye out for what your opponents are discarding and use that to your advantage. Hold on to the cards you think they may need unless it is absolutely necessary to discard those cards.
- Put on a game-face: A game-face is not just something you can use in a poker game. In fact, it should be a general rule for any card game. You can give a lot away with your eyes and body language. There are better chances of you winning if you confuse your opponents just a bit.
- Use the joker wisely: Jokers are very important in rummy, so make sure you make full use of them. Always use the joker to complete a run or set of higher points. Avoid using a joker in a natural run unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Know when to drop out: If you think you have been dealt a bad hand and that there is no way you can win, you can always choose to drop out of the game. This way, even if you lose some points at the beginning of the game, you will have fewer points to deal in the next hand of the game.
- Keep a close eye on your cards: It’s always good to keep regrouping cards because when there are a lot of people playing, sometimes, even if you have a sequence or a set, you may miss it because you didn’t arrange or regroup your cards properly. So after every round, keep regrouping your cards to see what you have and what might or might not work.
If you wish to get even better at rummy, you can log on to www.rummycentral.com and explore the game further. With a simple ‘sign up’ process, you can start playing for free right away and once you’re confident, move on to our low to high stakes table and show off your rummy skills to the world.