Rummy, whether online or with friends, is becoming a more and more popular game by the day. Ever wonder why? Not only is it a fun and interactive game which is pretty much suited for all age groups, but it also offers a number of skills to the player which he or she can use to make their everyday life more organised and motivating. So, what can we stand to learn from online rummy, or even offline rummy for that matter? Just keep scrolling and you shall find.
- To be more organised: You must have noticed that when your cards are not initially placed in order, it might take you longer to understand or win a game. On the other hand, if you keep arranging your cards in the right sequence or set, as and when they are dealt to you, it’ll become that much easier for you to organise your thoughts and have an upper hand in the game. And this is something that you can literally apply to any other aspect of your life. Whether it’s your wardrobe, your work desk, or the apps on your phone, being organised goes a long way.
- To observe more keenly: Now that you’re all organised, you can focus your energy on winning the game and one way to do that is to keep an eye on your opponents. It’s important to see what cards they’re discarding so that by a simple process of elimination, you can make the game work in your favour. An attention to tiny detail is also a skill that will come in handy one day or another.
- To be more adaptive: Very often, it happens that you’ve been dealt a terrible hand. None of the cards go with each other and it’s hard to figure out what next. In such a situation, what do you do? You adapt, which is something that happens in rummy all the time. The key is to think on your feet and be prepared for anything – which is also a blanket statement that can be followed in life everyday.
- Not acting rashly: Another important aspect of rummy, the online game is thinking before acting. One wrong step and the game belongs to your opponent. Here too, organisation plays a massive role. The more organised you are, the more sorted your game is. Sometimes the game might also become to overwhelming, especially if the odds don’t favour you. But don’t worry, there’s always a way if you think rationally – and not just in the game, but in your relationships or in situations that you face a day-to-day basis.
- Admitting defeat and trying again: Just like any other game, while there is skill required in rummy, there is also the element of luck and you can’t always be the winner, but that doesn’t stop you from trying over and over again until you succeed in winning. It’s hard to admit defeat especially when you’re an adult and think you have everything figured out. Sometimes, losing is a natural part of life and sometimes, winning is. Either way, it’s a part of life and so is rummy!
So there it is! So many things to learn from rummy, don’t you agree? If you wish know and learn everything about rummy or have any questions about its rules or how to win, get in touch with us and let us help you the best we can.